Dr. Neupane received his Ph.D. in Physics from Boston College, Boston, MA in 2010. He spent four years (2011-2014) as a postdoctoral research associate at Princeton University, Princeton, NJ and one year (2015-2016) as a Director’s Fellow at Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM. He joined UCF in 2016 where he is currently an Assistant Professor.
Dr. Neupane’s research focuses on the electronic and spin properties of new quantum materials such as correlated topological insulators, three dimensional Dirac, Weyl and nodal semimetals, topological Kondo insulators, topological crystalline insulators, and two-dimensional materials investigated using angle-, spin- and time-resolved photoemission techniques. In particular, he utilizes angle-, spin- and time-resolved photoemission measurement techniques to reveal the interesting electronic and spin properties, as well as the momentum resolved dynamical properties of bulk and symmetry-protected surface properties of these quantum materials.
For the list of publications and citations, please refer to the link below:
1. M. Mofazzel Hosen, Klauss Dimitri, Ashis K. Nandy, Alex Aperis, Raman Sankar, Gyanendra Dhakal, Pablo Maldonado, Firoza Kabir, Christopher Sims, Fangcheng Chou, Dariusz Kaczorowski, Tomasz Durakiewicz, Peter M. Oppeneer, Madhab Neupane; Distinct multiple fermionic states in a single topological metal. Nat. Commun. 9, 3002 (2018).
2. Klauss Dimitri, M. Mofazzel Hosen, Gyanendra Dhakal, Hongchul Choi, Firoza Kabir, Dariusz Kaczorowski, Tomasz Durakiewicz, Jian-Xin Zhu, Madhab Neupane; Dirac State in a Centrosymmetric Superconductor alpha-PdBi2. Phys. Rev. B 97, 144514 (2018).
3. M. Mofazzel Hosen, Klauss Dimitri, Ilya Belopolski, Raman Sankar, Maria Szlawska, Su-Yang Xu, Nagendra Dhakal, Pablo Maldonado, Peter M. Oppeneer, Dariusz Kaczorowski, Fangcheng Chou, M. Zahid Hasan, Tomasz Durakiewicz, Madhab Neupane; Tunability of the topological nodal line semimetal phase in ZrSiX-type materials. Phys. Rev. B 95, 161101 (R) (2017).
4. Madhab Neupane, Nasser Alidoust, M. Mofazzel Hosen, Jian-Xin Zhu, Klauss Dimitri, Su-Yang Xu, Nagendra Dhakal, Raman Sankar, Ilya Belopolski, Daniel S. Sanchez, Tay-Rong Chang, Horng-Tay Jeng, Koji Miyamoto, Taichi Okuda, Hsin Lin, Arun Bansil, Dariusz Kaczorowski, Fangcheng Chou, M. Zahid Hasan, Tomasz Durakiewicz; Observation of the spin-polarized surface state in a noncentrosymmetric superconductor BiPd. Nat. Commun. 7, 13315 (2016).
5. Madhab Neupane, Ilya Belopolski, M. Mofazzel Hosen, Daniel S. Sanchez, Raman Sankar, Maria Szlawska, Su-Yang Xu, Klauss Dimitri, Nagendra Dhakal, Pablo Maldonado, Peter M. Oppeneer, Dariusz Kaczorowski, Fangcheng Chou, M. Zahid Hasan, Tomasz Durakiewicz; Observation of Topological Nodal Fermion Semimetal Phase in ZrSiS. Phys. Rev. B 93, 201104 (R) (2016)
[Editors’ Suggestion]. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.93.201104
6. Madhab Neupane, Su-Yang Xu, Yukiaki Ishida, Shuang Jia, Benjamin M. Fregoso, Chang Liu, Ilya Belopolski, Guang Bian, Nasser Alidoust, Tomasz Durakiewicz, Victor Galitski, Shik Shin, Robert J. Cava, and M. Zahid Hasan; Gigantic surface lifetime of an intrinsic topological insulators. Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 116801 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.115.116801
7. Madhab Neupane, S.-Y. Xu, N. Alidoust, G. Bian, D.J. Kim, Chang Liu, I. Belopolski, T.-R. Chang, H.-T. Jeng, T. Durakiewicz, H. Lin, A. Bansil, Z. Fisk, M. Z. Hasan; Non-Kondo-like electronic structure in the correlated Rare-earth hexaboride YbB6. Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 016403 (2015).
8. Su-Yang Xu, Ilya Belopolski, Nasser Alidoust, Madhab Neupane, Guang Bian, Chenglong Zhang, Raman Sankar, Guoqing Chang, Zhujun Yuan, Chi-Cheng Lee, Shin-Ming Huang, Hao Zheng, Jie Ma, Daniel S. Sanchez, BaoKai Wang, Arun Bansil, FC Chou, P.P. Shibayev, H. Lin, S. Jia, and M.Z. Hasan; Discovery of a Weyl fermion semimetal and topological Fermi arcs. Science 349, 613-617 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1256742
9. Madhab Neupane, SuYang Xu, R Sankar, N Alidoust, G Bian, Chang Liu, I Belopolski, T-R Chang, H-T Jeng, H Lin, A Bansil, Fangcheng Chou, MZ Hasan; Observation of a three dimensional topological Dirac semimetal phase in high-mobility Cd3As2. Nat. Commun. 5, 4786 (2014).)
10. Madhab Neupane, A. Richardella, J. Sanchez-Barriga, S.-Y. Xu, N. Alidoust, I. Belopolski, Chang Liu, G. Bian, D. M. Zhang, D. Marchenko, A. Varykhalov, O. Rader, M. Leandersson, T. Balasubramanian, T.-R. Chang, H.-T. Jeng, S. Basak, H. Lin, A. Bansil, N. Samarth, M. Z. Hasan; Observation of quantum-tunneling-modulated spin texture in ultrathin topological insulator Bi2Se3 films. Nat. Commun. 5, 4841 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1038/ncomms4841
Full list of publication: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=8D0GBPgAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
Fall 2016: PHY 2048H – Physics for Scientists and Engineers 1
Oversees the following Graduate Students
A UCF physicist has discovered a new material that has the potential to become a building block in the new era of quantum materials, those that are composed of microscopically condensed matter and expected to c... Read more
Each spring, UCF hosts a Showcase of Undergraduate Research to celebrate students’ hard work uncovering new insights and ideas. This year, the Judge’s Choice Award for physical sciences went to Klauss Dimit... Read more
Madhab Neupane, Ph.D., an assistant professor in the Department of Physics, uses light to eject electrons out of materials revealing the states of electrons occupy inside the material. He does so by using a tec... Read more
UCF physicist Madhab Neupane, Ph.D., led a group of international researchers to examine BiPd, discovering characteristics never seen before in the material. “These characteristics have the potential to be th... Read more