- American Scientist blog, https://www.americanscientist.org/blog/the-long-view/like-an-afterburner
- Stellar rotation effects on the stellar winds,Physics of Plasmas, vol. 27, p.012902, (2020), Editor’s Pick for 2020
- Instability of a vortex ring due to toroidal normal fluid flow in superfluid 4He, Europhysics Letters, vol. 129, p.16001, (2020)
- Exact solutions for the fluid impulse for incompressible and compressible flows, Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 61, p.023102, (2020), (co-author: M. Michalak)
- Direct interaction approximation for non-Markovianized stochastic models in the turbulence problem, Chaos, vol. 29, p.063124, (2019), (co-author: NTuovila)
- Topological implications of the total generalized electron-flow magnetic helicity invariant in electron magnetohydrodynamics, Physics of Plasmas,Vol. 26, p.044501, (2019), (co-author: M. Michalak)
- Turbulent relative particle dispersion: Two-dimensional and quasi-geostrophic flows, Physica, 529, p. 121546, (2019)
- Turbulent relative particle dispersion: Compressibility effects, Europhysics Letters, vol. 115, p.34003, (2016)
- Turbulent relative particle dispersion: Generalized Brownian motion model, Physics Letters A, vol. 380, 2809, (2016)
- Plasma relaxation and topological aspects in electron magnetohydrodynamics, Physics of Plasmas, vol. 23, 072302, (2016)
- Electron magnetohydrodynamics turbulence: Universal features, European Physical Journal D, vol. 69, p.55, (2015)
- Singularities in fully developed turbulence, Physics Letters A, vol. 379, p. 1887, (2015)
- Vortex motion in superfluid 4He: effects of normal fluid flow, European Physical Journal B, vol. 86, 275, (2013).
- Vortex motion in superfluid 4He: Reformulation in the extrinsic vortex filament coordinate space, Physica Review B, vol.84, p.012506, (2011).
- Steady and unsteady Hall magnetohydrodynamics near an X-type magnetic neutral line, Physics of Plasmas, vol.18, p.052304, (2011).
- Characteristics of plasma Beltrami states, European Physical Journal D, vol. 64, p.393, (2011).
- Hydrodynamic impulse in a compressible fluid, Physics Letters A, vol. 374, p.4736, (2010).
MAP 4342 – M W 1:30PM – 2:50PM – MSB 0109
Oversees the following graduate students:
In the News
Math Prof. Pays Tribute To Mentor With Stellar Winds Research
Bhimsen Shivamoggi, Ph.D., recently capped three years of research with a publication that presents new ideas about the dynamics of stellar winds. But that’s not…