Dr. Efthimiou received his Ph.D. in Mathematical Physics from Cornell University in 1994. He was a Lecturer in Cornell University for one year (1994-1995). He spent 2-years as a Research Associate in Tel Aviv University (1995-1997). He was a Visiting Scientist in Harvard University for one-year (1997-1998) and in Cornell/Columbia University for 2-years (1998-2000) before joining UCF in 2000, where he is an Associate Professor of Physics.
- “Introduction to Functional Equations and Inequalities”, book, submitted to AMS.
- (with R.A. Llewellyn), “Hollywood Blockbuster: Unbegrenzter Spa–begrenzte naturwissenschaftliche Bildung”, Praxis derNaturwissenschften, Heft 7/56, Oktober 2007, 21. (English translation available at http://arxiv.org/abs/0707.1167) Invited article.
- (with M. Johnson), “Domino Waves”, SIAM Review 49 (2007) 111.
- (with S. Gandhi*), “Inversion of Gamow’s Formula and Inverse Scattering”, Am. J. Phys. 74 (2006) 638.
- (with R.A. Llewellyn), “Avatars of Hollywood in Physical Science”, Physics Teacher 44 (2006) 28.
- (with R.A. Llewellyn), “Addition Laws in Introductory Physics”, Eur. J. Physics 26 (2005) 441.
- (with S. Gandhi*) “The Ascending Double-Cone: A closer look at a familiar demonstration”, Eur. J. Phys. 26 (2005) 681.
- (with S.A. Apikyan), “Geometric Properties of W -Algebras and the Toda Model”, Theoretical and Mathematical Methods, 138 (2004) 151.
- (with S.A. Apikyan), “Remarks on A2 Toda Field Theory”, JETP Lett. 74 (2001) 569 [Pisma Zh. Ksp. Teor. Fiz. 74 (2001) 645].
- (with S.A. Apikyan), “Minimal Models of CFT on ZN -Surfaces, Int. J. Mod. Phys. A 12 (1997) 4291. *undergrad student; several papers with undergrad students are in preparation.
In the News
National Goldwater Scholarships Go to Four UCF STEM Students
Four UCF STEM students were selected from a pool of 1,256 nominees across the nation and will receive 2020-21 Goldwater Scholarship Awards. Only 410 college…
UCF Physics Professor: Yes, The Rock’s ‘Skyscraper’ Jump is Possible
In the soon-to-be-released film Skyscraper, a war veteran with a prosthetic leg sprints across the arm of a construction crane, launching himself in a seemingly insane…