- Mandi Barringer, Ph.D. (Sociology Ph.D, Summer 2017) was hired for a tenure-track position at the University of North Florida.
- Julie Wynn (Sociology B.A., Spring 2017) has been working with FEMA Corps for the last few months. She spent two months in Houston registering and updating survivor applications for assistance. Since November, she has also been working in Puerto Rico assisting with the repackaging of meals and the receiving and distribution of supplies throughout the island. She will be finished with her service with FEMA in a few months and hopes to work with City Year or AmeriCorps Vista this fall.
- Subriena Persaud (Sociology M.A., Spring 2014) was hired by George Mason University as a Development Research Analyst.
- Nicholas Guittar, Ph.D. (Sociology Ph.D., August 2011) was named an Outstanding AlumKnight 2015 by the UCF College of Sciences Alumni Chapter.
- Rachel Rayburn, Ph.D. (Sociology Ph.D., August 2011) was named one of the Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly Forty under 40.
- Sara Afflerback (Sociology M.A., Spring 2012) article “Infant Feeding Consumerism in the Age of Intensive Mothering and Risk Society,” has been accepted for forthcoming publication in the Journal of Consumer Culture. The article is co-written with Shannon Carter, Ph.D., Amanda Koontz-Anthony, Ph.D., and Liz Grauerholz, Ph.D.
- Kayli Keogh (Sociology B.A., 2012) was selected as a recipient of the 2013 Order of Pegasus.