PLEASE NOTE that these are instructions for students who are NOT traveling on grant funding. If you are working with a faculty member on a grant project, and your travel is being funded by the grant, please refer to the grant travel instructions page.
Refer to the UCF Travel Manual for rules on reimbursable expenses and required documentation.
Pre-approval is required for ALL University travel, and expenses cannot be reimbursed if pre-approval is not obtained using the instructions below. We do not recommend booking travel or paying for travel expenses until you receive notification that your spend authorization has been approved and processed.
For travel funding inquiries please contact Dr. Jason Ford email@example.com; however, you may follow the directions below to complete your travel authorization request:
Deadline for Fall 2023 Travel Funding is October 15th, 2023.
- Complete the Department TAR Form. Questions about travel rules and supporting documentation can be directed to the COS Business Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once you submit the TAR form, it will route automatically to Dr. Hawthorne for approval.
- Once Dr. Hawthorne approves the form, it will route automatically to Dr. Mustaine for approval.
- When Dr. Mustaine signs the form, you will receive a copy of the completed DocuSign form in PDF format.
- You should then email the approved TAR and supporting documentation to the COS Business Center (email@example.com), and they will create a Spend Authorization in Workday for the travel. You will be notified when the Spend Authorization is approved.
- Please ensure that you do not make any purchases related to your travel until you have received the notice that your spend authorization has been completely approved. This notification will be sent from the College of Sciences business center.
- Following your travel, you will need to reach out to the COS Business Center to submit your expense report for your travel.