Dr. Bhattacharya earned his undergraduate degree (BS – Physics Honors) from Presidency College, Kolkata, MS (Physics) from University College of Science, Kolkata, India, and received his Ph.D. in theoretical condensed matter Physics from the University of Maryland at College Park in 1992. He held positions as a postdoctoral fellow at Penn State University, and as a research associate and research assistant professor at Michigan State University, before joining UCF in 2000, where he is a professor in the physics department.
Theoretical and simulation studies soft matter & biologically inspired physics, scaling theories of polymers, polymer transport through nanopores, complex and disordered systems, physics of intrinsically disordered proteins.
Research Opportunities for Students
Information on requirements
- Is it Paid?
- In a lab?
- Learning materials
Recent Refereed Publications:
- Jacob Bair, Swarnadeep Seth, and Aniket Bhattacharya, Universality in conformations and transverse fluctuations of a semi-flexible polymer in a crowded environment, Chem. Phys. 158, 204902 (2023).
- Swarnadeep Seth, Arthur Rand, Walter Reisner, William B. Dunbar, Robert Sladek, and Aniket Bhattacharya, Discriminating protein tags on dsDNA constructs using a dual Nanopore device Sci Rep 12, 11305 (2022) https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-14609-9
- Swarnadeep Seth and Aniket Bhattacharya How capture affects polymer translocation in a solitary nanopore, Chem. Phys. 156, 244902 (2022).
- Jan Rothorl, Sarah Wetterman, Peter Virnau, and Aniket Bhattacharya, Knot formation of dsDNA pushed inside a nanochannel, Sci Rep 12, 5342 (2022).
- Aniket Bhattacharya, Some aspects of a two-pore translocation problem
2021 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 2122 012003, doi:10.1088/1742-6596/2122/1/012003
32nd Annual CSP Workshop: Recent Development in Computer Simulation Studies in Condensed Matter Physics (CSP 2019) 18-22 February, 2019 Athens, Georgia, USA.
- Swarnadeep Seth and Aniket Bhattacharya, DNA barcodes using a double nanopore system Sci Rep 11, 9799 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-89017-6
- Swarnadeep Seth and Aniket Bhattacharya, DNA barcode by flossing through a cylindrical nanopore, RSC Advances, 11 20781-20787 (2021).
- Swarnadeep Seth and Aniket Bhattacharya, Polymer escape through a three dimensional Double-Nanopore System, Chem. Phys. 153, 104901 (2020).
- Aniket Bhattacharya and Swarnadeep Seth, Tug of war in a double-nanopore system,
Rev. E 101, 052407 (2020).
- Simon Bernier, Aiqun Huan, Walter Reisner, and Aniket Bhattacharya, Evolution of Nested Folding States in Compression of a Strongly Confined Semiflexible Chain,
Macromolecules 51, 4012 (2018).
For a complete list of publications please visit: Aniket Bhattacharya’s List of Publications